Thursday, September 8, 2011

Destination Spotlight: Lantern Festival Chiang Mai, Thailand



If this is not one of the most beautiful and romantic sights you’ve ever seen than I honestly don’t know what is…

Floating lanterns are released into the sky all over Thailand on the full moon night of the twelfth lunar month, (sometime in November) creating this unbelievably magical display of lights. This year the festival falls on November 11th so you might want to book your plane tickets to Thailand now! (Check out Eden For Your World for great travel offers.)

From the first time I heard about this amazing spectacle on last season of ABC’s The Bachelorette, I can’t stop thinking about how incredible this event would be to witness in person. On the show, the couple is seen decorating their lanterns by writing personal love wishes before sending the lanterns off into the night sky. Sounds picture-perfect right?

The Loi Krathong Festival, or locally known as “Yi Peng”, is said to be one of the most charming events in all of Thailand. The event is celebrated nationwide, from the capital city of Chang Mai to the quaint countryside villages.

Tens of thousands of visitors and locals are known to participate in the event, which also offers decorating contests, bamboo raft races, fireworks, cultural performances, and so much more.

One day I’ll make my way to Thailand and be able to share with you my own personal experience…but until then, these pictures will just have to do.

Happy travels ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely fabulous! I would love to do something like this! GREAT FIND! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Please feel free to leave me a comment.

Cassie's Musique


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones