Sunday, October 2, 2011

Destination Spotlight: Santorini Island, Greece

In honor of fall break coming up next weekend and the first time I'll be back home in sunny California since the beginning of junior year, I've chosen the number one destination on my mother's travel wish list: Santorini Island, Greece.

As if the crystal blue waters set against quaint villages nestled in hilltops isn't enough to make you want to hop onto a plane at this very moment, it is said that this island has some of the best sunsets on the planet. Yet another reason my mom dreams of visiting this place. Sunsets are her favorite.

In planning my future dream vacation to this beautiful island, I came across tons of things to do from dining, nightlife, architecture, museums, churches, diving, tours, bike rides, and so much more! Although I think I'd be perfectly content sitting in a chair overlooking the ocean all day long, it would definitely be fun to explore the culture of this little island. A bike ride while enjoying the island sea breeze sounds lovely right about now.

I think it's pretty clear why Santorini Island is one of the most popular summer destination spots by simply looking at this picture. It radiates beauty and screams relaxation. I really hope one day I'll reach Santorini's shores. Until then, I'll be taking junior year one day at a time with this incredible picture as a little motivation during these long study nights.

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Please feel free to leave me a comment.

Cassie's Musique


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones